In this course you will learn to deliver support and care for clients in residential aged care under direct guidance and supervision. You will be equipped with the skills needed to help provide support to individuals with complex needs and to work with groups with older people.
Nationally recognised - meets Australian Qualifications Framework standards
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
7 Core , 6 electives*
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001* Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005* Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011* Meet personal support needs
- CHCDIS002* Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003* Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCPAL001* Deliver care services using a palliative approach
There are no specified entry requirements; however all prospective students are to have a personal interview to assess their suitability for the course and they also are required to undertake an LLN screening evaluation.
Short Answer Questions, Projects, Case Studies, Reports, Portfolios, and scenario based learning. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.